ABOUT THIS SECTION:
Learn more about the Community Foundation of Greater Jackson.
ABOUT THIS SECTION:
Explore the many ways you can be a part of your Community Foundation.
About this section:
Learn how to become a member of CFGJ, and
how to start a fund.
SUPPORT US: START A FUND
Creating a new fund is easy and personal. Our professional staff is works with you and/or your legal, tax, or investment advisor to create your best giving plan. Once you have decided the size of your donation and the type of fund you wish to open, consider ways you may donate.
• Outright Gift. You can make a gift of cash, stocks, bonds, real estate or other assets to your community foundation. Your gift qualifies for maximum charitable benefits under state and federal law.
• Bequest. You can designate a gift or portion of your estate to your community foundation and, in some cases, receive a substantial reduction in federal gift and estate taxes.
• Gift Annuity. You can make a gift of cash or property to your community foundation now, get immediate tax benefits, and ensure that you or a loved one receive fixed quarterly or annual income payments for life.
• Charitable Remainder Trust. You can place cash or property in a trust that pays annual income to you (or another named beneficiary) for life. After your death, the remainder of the trust transfers to your community foundation and is placed in a charitable fund you've selected. You receive income tax benefits the year you establish your trust.
• Charitable Lead Trust. You can place cash or property in a trust that pays a fixed amount to your fund at the community foundation for the number of years you select. Once this period ends, the assets held by the trust are transferred to the beneficiaries you name. In some cases, you receive a substantial reduction in federal gift and estate taxes.
Investment Options and Advisors for your Fund Assets
The Community Foundation administers several pooled investment options, managed by Medley and Brown, LLC according to targets and standards suggested by the Council on Foundations’ best practices guidelines. Performance Reports. Options available at CFGJ include:
• Money market
• Fixed Income Investment Pool
• Balanced Investment Pool
• Equity Investment Pool
• Index Funds
Donors making a gift of $250,000* or more may also suggest an Investment Advisor, who must be approved by our Investment Committee after a short vetting process.
Each individual, family, or organization has unique charitable interests and financial circumstances. The Community Foundation serves you to help make the most of both, so you receive the greatest return on your community investment.
525 East Capitol Street; Suite 5B Jackson, MS 39201
Designed by: MADdesign, LLC
22nd Anniversary Sponsor - Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi