ABOUT THIS SECTION:
Learn more about the Community Foundation of Greater Jackson.
ABOUT THIS SECTION:
Explore the many ways you can be a part of your Community Foundation.
About this section:
Learn how to become a member of CFGJ, and
how to start a fund.
SUPPORT US: WHY CREATE A DONOR ADVISED FUND?
• Spend less, have more to give and avoid more complicated forms of philanthropic giving, such as family or corporate foundations.
• Enjoy a convenient and flexible tool for individuals, families, businesses or groups who want to be personally involved in suggesting grant awards from their fund.
• Receive maximum tax benefits in the year your gift is made, even at the last minute. We specialize in opening funds on December 31.
• Establish a charitable legacy in your name, in the name of your family or in honor of any individual or organization you choose. Or, name a fund so that it provides anonymity for your giving.
• Recommend grants to 501©3 organizations in the tri-county area, or to any U.S.-based charity.
• Have confidence that your gift is carefully invested and managed using proven stewardship and best practices.
• Add to your fund at any time, and receive a tax benefit with each new gift.
The story of a Donor Advised Fund in action:
The history of our oldest endowed fund proves the value of establishing permanent, endowed Donor Advised funds. The Donors made a tax-deductible gift, named the fund, and began making grants from a portion of the balance. The fund is accounted for separately and is carefully invested and managed by the Community Foundation. A brief timeline of the fund tells the story:
• December 1995: Gift of $850,000 made to the Community Foundation
• Through October 31, 2010, the fund has earned $829,253.
• Through October 31, 2010, the donors have awarded grants of $905,402.
As of October 31, 2010, the fund’s investment earnings equal 98% of the original gift. The Donors have made more than $905,000 in grants and the fund balance still represents 91% of the original gift. After their deaths, the successor fund advisors will take over. Click here>> to contact us about creating a fund.
525 East Capitol Street; Suite 5B Jackson, MS 39201
Designed by: MADdesign, LLC
22nd Anniversary Sponsor - Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi